Browsing the event industry news articles, I recently came across numerous technological trends being followed in the industry. A lot has changed in the recent past with the inception of tech in the events industry. New software has been created around the event planning and event management to ease the work of planners and organisers and to automate the entire event planning process.
Event Management Software is automated software with empowers events by taking note of the technological requirements of the event organisers and improvising the software according to the feedback of the users/attendees.
Wikipedia defines it as,
The generic term for a wide range of software products that are used in the management of professional and academic conferences, trade exhibitions, conventions and smaller events such as Continuing Professional Development (CPD) meetings.
As it sounds, the event management software is as much efficient and reliable as any other software designed for banking or education sectors. Event Management Software is an all-in-one solution to all the tech requirements of an event.
Why is a checklist required for Event Management Software?
Choosing event management software isn’t an easy job. Event Planners just have a vision of using tech in their events and increase engagement but there are many pointers one must think upon thoroughly before implementing anything.
Few of the reasons which make it essential to build a checklist for event management software are:
· Tech Mobility: With maximum attendees of the events using smartphones, it is easy to engage them using the device they are attached with. All-in-one software is amazing with integrations if possible in the smartphones as well. This is where event app comes into play; one of the important features of the event management software.
· Profitability: The present generation cannot live without the involvement of tech in their lives because of obvious reasons. The many sectors that have come up with software integrations and replaced the old practice of manual work have gained huge profits in the market.
So is the case with Events Industry. With the inception of the event tech and the creation of event management software, the industry has gained huge profits with several attendees from around the world attending conferences, meetings, trade shows and so on.
· Analyze and Improvise: Analyzing the results using the feedback mechanism for Event Management Software and ensuring to create a perfect checklist based on it. The analysis also helps in improving the system designed and searching the errors that need instant rectification. A checklist in hand can help ease all these strenuous tasks.
Here is a 10 pointer checklist which must be prepared to deliver the perfect Event Management Software –
1. State all the technical requirements — For a software to be perfect or ore to the expectation of the customers, the requirements must be stated very well. Event Management Software Checklist first point should be all the tech requirements. Requirements may change with time as the event nears its date and many new points might be added or changed be suggested in the existing system of things.
2. Document anything and everything — Documentation is required for any software. Many changes can be mentioned while the development of the system or after receiving the feedback from the clients who have used it. A document from the scratch how is it being prepared. Document all the requirements, be it tech or non-tech.
3. Use creative, dynamic and responsive apps and websites — One of the major comebacks for event management software is that it provides an all-in-one management platform for apps, websites, a networking platform and so on.
With an era of smartphones, responsive website and online registration system; many attendees prefer to use their smartphones to register, connect and be active on social media posting about the events.
4. Research your competitors — Competitor analysis is crucial irrespective of the business or sector you work in. Walk through the process your competitors must be following in order to come up with new strategies.
Event Management Software providers give their customer base with almost the same services, but it depends on the quality, support, response rate, how seriously they take the feedback etc.
5. Learn and Implement Trending Technology — Technology is changing rapidly. Every year you see 2 new iPhone models coming up in the market with the latest one being better than the last release in some way or the other. With such fast-changing tech trends and to cope up with them, the tech team for event management software must upgrade their knowledge with several online/offline resources.
6. Maintain Security Standards — Security is one of the major concerns raised by the clients. Meeting proper encryption standard while designing the event management software, along with a guarantee to remove the database of the attendees after a certain period of time when the event gets over must be done.
All the tech security requirements must be listed while the product is under development so they can be incorporated before the deployment of the final version of the product.
7. Incorporate Integrations of various Features — Event Organisers nowadays wants to personalize their events according to their requirements and their research of what attendees might like. Provision of customization and Event CRM integration are must needed features by event organisers as it helps them implement their ideas through our tech platform.
The world we reside in, everyone is going live, some are doing Facebook live while others are Insta living their experiences. This feature enables attendees to share their experience while in an event with their online audience.
8. Provide Real-Time Reports — Any checklist must contain a detailed report of how the software is working, how the client responded on using it and how the attendees thought it was? With the analytics feature section in the event management software itself, charts and statistical reports can be created in detail which can be later studied to change or improve anything in the software.
9. Choosing features according to Event Types — Event Planners and Event Organisers who are involved in organizing different kinds of event, have to deal with the requirements of all those events and incorporate those with the event management software. An event management software checklist ensures what events must have what features and additional features can, later on, be added to the existing list.
For example — For a conference: multi-user access, auto check-in, and schedule/agenda management must be included in the event management software.
Trade shows are widely about lead generation and lead collection so the main focus in event management software for trade shows will be lead retrieval system.
While many corporate events may opt for an all-in-one event management software with the entire feature set including event registration, ticketing event website, event app, event networking platform, event marketing and event analytics.
10. Third-party Integrations in the Software — The event management software has various features that require the involvement of a third-party like e-mail and SMS blast services. To manage these third parties and not let any data breach occur through the designed system is essential.
Having an event management software checklist to manage that everything regarding the software is in place and whatever the improvisations or upgradations are required are done from time to time.